Portfolio Strategy Surveyor job at Anchor Hanover Group
Are you looking for a new challenge where you will play a key role in developing and implementing portfolio strategies?
If so, read on to find out more!
Reporting to the Director of Portfolio Strategy, you will be part of a small team that will lead the development of the Zone Portfolio Strategy across Anchor’s entire portfolio.
You will coordinate the contributions of the operational, finance, strategic asset investment, estates, health and safety and sustainability teams. The result of this process will be a rolling program of holistic portfolio strategies that will inform the investment program and identify opportunities for further wealth development.
The strategies and policies developed will be translated into asset-level plans which can then be implemented by the asset investment, property management and transaction teams. These implementation plans will need to be approved and approved by the operating company to mitigate customer disruption.
Each year Anchor spends around £ 100million on portfolio investments and repairs. You’ll help prioritize spending and achieve our goal of creating more efficiency and more homes. You will also contribute to the realization of latent business opportunities and the value of our portfolio to further support those goals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in a portfolio strategy role as well as a good understanding of operational real estate issues.
- Degree in property management or other relevant discipline with significant professional experience in an organization of similar scale / complexity.
- A relevant graduate degree / MBA would be beneficial.
- Member of professional real estate organizations, eg RICS, RIBA, RTPI. qualification (for example, MRICS).
- Experience in leading the preparation of portfolio and ownership strategies, with a good understanding of feasibility studies and financial options analysis.
- A solid understanding of cash flow analysis and the ability to define, interrogate and interpret the option assessment process and generate risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- An understanding of feasibility studies and financial analysis of options, generating recommendations and risk-based decisions.
- Good business and commercial acumen, with experience in communicating with a wide range of high level stakeholders. Strong CRM skills and a good understanding of their importance.
- Solid experience in implementing complex portfolio strategies on time and within financial constraints.
- Proven ability to identify and realize business opportunities within a portfolio.
- Ability to work within decision-making structures and interpret complex data to inform decisions.
We need dynamism, determination and passion; someone who is willing to go the extra mile to get the right result for the organization and, more importantly, for our clients.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our support services. Although we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the seniors who live with us.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are proud to have a group of LGBT + residents, as well as networks of BAME, LGBT + and Disabled colleagues. These work closely with the organization to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policies and practices, and hold their members accountable. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected status. One of our values is “respect”, which is why we do not accept harassment or discrimination from a colleague, a resident or a third party.
As England’s largest non-profit care and housing provider for the elderly, we are able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are some of the things you will get when working with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on shopping in the high streets
20% discount on mobile phone plans
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Reduced private medical rates